1200 Oakman Blvd, Detroit, MI 48238
Phone: (313) 494-4200
Office hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Adult Literacy Programs:
The Ready-Set- Go Program is a work readiness and academic skills enhancement program comprising of three essential components:
- Jump Start (that provides an overview of essential behaviors and skills needed to become a successful student)
- Academics(which develops essential core math, reading and computer literacy skills)
- Work Readiness (a practical employment training curriculum that examines essential behaviors and skills necessary for success in the professional workplace. Overall the coursework stresses academics, time management, teamwork, workplace ethics and conflict resolution.
Ready-Set-Go prepares students so they are able to take advantage of post-secondary education opportunities to successfully secure entry-level employment. Students also get a financial literacy class as well as they earn nationally recognized certification in Customer Service.
Recognizing the dignity and beauty of every person, we pledge intelligent and practical action to overcome racism, poverty and injustice. And to build a metropolitan community where all people may live in freedom, harmony, trust and affection. Black and white, yellow, brown and red from Detroit and its suburbs of every economics status, national origin and religious persuasion we join in the covenant.
(Adopted March 8, 1968)
- College Bound Career Ready provides an accelerated college path learning experience for high school student starting their junior year. This program uses a mix of technical application, motivational instruction, academics and best practices to guide student through a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) dual enrollment curriculum.
- Earn and Learnprovides helps to at risk youth, particularly minority males between the ages 18-24 from Detroit, Highland Park and Hamtramck to obtain work skills, set and achieve goals and gain work experience.
- Machinist Training Institute gives qualified adults the knowledge needed to enter the industry as a CNC machine operator and with additional training in AM, a CNC machinist.
- Information Technologies Center prepares students for careers in Information Technology by training them for industry certifications and emphasizing communication and professional work skills, it is also a Cisco and Microsoft Academy.
- Center for Advanced Technologiesis an engineering education program providing higher education opportunities in engineering and engineering technology for underserved high school graduates in metropolitan Detroit area.
- Supportive Services
- Career & Placement Service
- Center for Working Families – Financial Literacy
For more information please visit our website www.focushope.edu .